Abstracts must be submitted using the online submission form. No emailed abstracts will be accepted.
Submitters will be notified of acceptance in September 2016.
The program committee is expecting many abstracts. It is, therefore, important to convey the most important points of your proposed paper within your abstract. Below we have provided the abstract review criteria to help you in determining what to include in your 100-word abstract. We welcome abstracts related to the conference topics below as well as other provocative, innovative topics of interest to the tunneling and underground construction profession.
- Contracting Practices and Cost
- California Projects
- Design and Planning
- Design/Build Projects
- Difficult Ground
- Drill and Blast
- Environment, Health and Safety
- Tunnel Rehabilitation
- Water and Gas Control
- Future Projects
- Geotechnical Considerations
- Ground Support and Final Lining
- Grouting and Ground Modification
- Hard Rock TBMs
- Large Span Tunnels and Caverns
- Microtunneling and Trenchless Tunneling
- International Projects
- New and Innovative Technologies
- Pressure Face TBM Case Histories
- Pressure Face TBM Technology
- Risk Management
- Shafts and Mining
- Tunneling for Sustainability
- Do the subjects conveyed in the abstract add value to tunneling and underground construction industry?
- Does the abstract convey aspects that are new/novel and/or unique?
- Is the abstract written with correct English grammar and sentence structure?
- Does the subject matter align with the conference topics or propose an interesting topic or project?
Suggested Abstract Criteria
- Does the title of the abstract reflect the subject described in the abstract?
- Does the subject of the abstract match one of the themes stated as topics?
- Is the theme of the abstract relevant and interesting for tunneling and underground construction industry in general?
- Is the quality of the English language acceptable for publication?
Check Your Submission for Accuracy
Please check to ensure that all of your contact information, the title of your presentation, and your summary are complete and correct, as they will be printed as you have submitted them. In particular, please ensure that your presentation title and abstract are not truncated due to character and word limits.
It is your responsibility to make the changes online or to send questions about submissions to SME before the deadline of June 1, 2016 so that we can still help you make the changes or input the submission on time.
Ready to Submit Your Abstract Online?
The RETC 2017 abstract submission form requires a Captcha to be completed upon submission. This is to protect submitting authors' information. It is highly recommended that you use an updated browser to complete the submission process. Acceptable browsers include:
- Internet Explorer 10, 11, and Edge
- Google Chrome
If you are operating on a deprecated browser, we recommend either updating your browser or using an alternate browser to complete your submission online.
Abstract submission will be open until June 1, 2016.